usbautocam only as root?

Hello Andy,

we talked a while ago about your usbautocam Script (which is absolutely great).
I have one question to this script.
Is it really only possible to run that script as root?
I made a user with standard rights and run the script but when I try to add a stick I get a failure message.
And then if I plug the stick in or out nothing happens.
When I do this as root its working fine.
Is it possible to run the script as normal user or if not is it possible to auto login as root?

Thank you for your answer.

Dalibor Malek

P.S. I’m running FC2 with kernel-2.6.7-1.501.i586, on a VIA Eden Box.