Install X after a minimal installation

Hi,

I did a minimal install on my Core 2 box as I will be mainly using this
machine as a server but I'd like to play around a little with Xorg.

I've tried installing the necessary packages to get X working and succeeded
last night, but today when I try to launch X using "startx" it starts
briefly (I see the mouse cursor) then switches back to the console. There
don't appear to be any errors anywhere (I checked in /var/log/Xorg.0.log).

Can anyone point me at a guide that will tell me which packages to install
to get X working? Or some other trouble-shooting guide?

Thanks,

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com