Tripwire Policy File Question

In running tripwire for several days I get daily reports that identify
allot of missing files, most in /var/lock/subsys.  These files are not
on my system and the comment comes from the tripwire checks defined in
the policy file. I was wondering if it was customary to comment these
out in the policy file so the reports are much shorter.  Or is there a
good reason to leave them there as is.

Norm