Re: FC2 media check fails on one system

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:00:15 -0400, RDD IT <rdd37it@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello --

My first attempt to install FC2 failed during the installation of packages, with an error message that a particular package could not be found. I rebooted, and tested the installation media -- it failed. Stupid me, I should have done that before. Burned a new CD, tested it -- failed. Downloaded the ISO again, checked the MD5, burned a new CD, tested it -- failed. Hmmm... Pop the CD in another machine, reboot, test the media -- PASS! Switched out the CD-ROM drives between the two machines, so that the one that had passed the CD was now in my FC2-ToBe machine. Boot up, test media -- fail.

So.....apparently FC2 does not like something about my machine's hardware..? Have other people experienced similar issues? Are there known issues with certain types of hardware -- particular hard drives, motherboards, CPUs, etc. that FC2 is not compatible with? I can post more detailed specs on the system later if needed (at work now)... There is nothing terribly outdated about it, and it all worked fine on RH9.0.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Controller glitch maybe ?? Drive configuration maybe ?? Just a couple of things to look at.

Joebewan