Re: Samba

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Eduardo de Moura Rodrigues wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 12:17, Satish Balay wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Eduardo de Moura Rodrigues wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a big problem. I want to login into a microsoft server, but I
> > > can't. I see all computer in microsoft network, but i don't have access.
> > > I don't know how I log-in into the server. I use Samba 3, and Fedora 2.
> > > Thank's
> >
> > sounds like you want to use rdesktop - not samba
> >
> > rdesktop ms-server
> >
> What's this? If this program end my problem I use it. But you understand
> a problem?

Samba is for browsing remote windows files.

rdesktop is to log into a remote windows machine. It is a linux-client
for windows Terminal Server.

rdesktop is part of fedora - and it it is not installed - try
installing it.

yum install rdesktop

If you were indeed asking about file browsing - and not logging into
the windows box - then I'm mistaken. you'll have to explore smbmount.

Satish