Re: hard disk install with installation tree, not the isos

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 13:34 +0200, Philip Tauber wrote:
> Why is it impossible to do a hdd install with an installation tree on
> disk? Are there any technical reasons or is it regarded as not needed? I
> don't want to use the isos because I am using the local mirror of the
> installation tree as a yum repository.
>
> Philip Tauber
Have you mirrored the entire /pub/fedora/core/linux/2/i386/os directory?
(or which ever version/arch you need)

I have done numerous HTTP and NFS installs using a mirrored location,
however i am mirroring that entire directory. I think there may be a way
of excluding certain directories but I have not spent any time looking
in to it.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator