Re: Window Managers

On 10:36 29 Jul 2004, Asri Sulaiman <azs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, jeem machine wrote:
| >What is the best way to install a different window manager.
| >I want to log use one that uses the least amount of resources.
| >Can I do this with yum.
|
| I am a great fan of fvwm.

Me too.

| Login takes less than a second in my ancient PIII-500.

It's plenty fast on my PII-233, too.

|  In the meantime, I cannot remember wether I build mine
| from source or RPM - must have been too easy.

I built mine from source.

For other lightweight WMs you should check out XFCE and IceWM.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Ken is very smart but also very opinionated.
        - Doug Gwyn
Personally, I don't care whether someone is cool enough to quote Doug Gwyn,
I only care whether Doug Gwyn is cool enough to quote.
        - Larry Wall (lwall@xxxxxxxxxxx)