Re: Messed up my graphical login HELP!

Steven Stern wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:55:07 -0700, Andrew Konosky <TerranAce007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I start my computer up, then the graphical log-in

Start the computer and press 'e' to edit the command line. Put a 3 at the end
(after a space). That will start you at init level 3, with no GUI. Once
logged in, type 'startx'
--
Steve

I wasn't sure what you meant by edit command line at first, but then I saw the GRUB instructions on the bootloader screen. I added the 3 and booted up, logged in a s root and changed my login splash screen back to the one I had before and now it works.

Thanks for the help! You guys responded within 5 minutes of me posting my topic. I was kinda going into panic mode thinking I really screwed something up, but having windows on my computer was actually useful for once. Thats how I posted my first message...