Re: Memory stick Medion

Aaron Schlaegel wrote/ha scritto, On/il 28/07/2004 00:37:
device diskonkey {
    partition 0
    match   hd diskOnKey
    match   hd "Lexar DIGITAL FILM"
    match   hd MultiMedia-Disk
}

antonio montagnani wrote:
1) How did you switch to this suggested change in updfstab (device diskonkey) from device flash as per your post dtd July 26?
2) I do not see any reference to the output of kudzu : shall I type exactly the section device diskonkey as per your post??? This is not really clear to me, forgive me!!!!

/usr/sbin/kudzu -s -p -c HD
-
class: HD
bus: SCSI
detached: 0
device: sda
driver: ignore
desc: "Sunplus MultiMedia-Disk"
host: 0
id: 0
channel: 0
lun: 0
generic: sg0

I switched from "flash" to "diskonkey" because kudzu/updfstab always use partition 1 for "flash", and always uses the whole disk (kudzu calls it partition 0) for "diskonkey". Your memory stick uses the whole disk, so it needs to be called a "diskonkey".

I copied the old "diskonkey" section from "/etc/updfstab.conf.default" and added
one more line. You need to add this modified section to your "/etc/updfstab.conf".
If you notice the line I added (match hd MultiMedia-Disk), you will see that it
matches your description from kudzu (desc: "Sunplus MultiMedia-Disk").

Tnx for your patience...

No Problem.