Re: system clock is too slow

Gang Qin wrote:
My FC2's system clock is very slow, every hour it loses more than 30 min when the system is running, is there a way to find out the reason and correct it? Thanks.

I can't explain why your system clock would be losing time, but you may be able to alleviate the problem by running ntpd.

Edit /etc/ntp.conf and add some clock servers.

Good choices are time.windows.com (hey they at-least run a reliable clock server) and time.apple.com (so does apple).

server time.windows.com
server time.apple.com

Edit /etc/ntp/step-tickers and add the same clock servers

time.windows.com
time.apple.com

No start it.

;/etc/init.d/ntpd start

Add it to your run levels using chkconfig or other methods.