Re: linux support

efendy writes:

hello
I cant use my ADSL internal PCI modem.. now I am buying new one. I selected
CNET 4 Port ADSL Modem. It is connecting to PC from Ethernet port.
Can I use it in Fedora? Does Linux support CNET modem?

http://www.cnet.com.tw/product/cnad804-nf.htm

Linux won't have any problem, but you should check with your Internet Provider to see if they do something stupid like PPPoE or DHCP, which will require some additional screwing around. Or, if they require you to use proprietary Windows-only software to authenticate against their servers and bring up ADSL.

In that case, you're screwed.