Re: change runlevel at boot time not working

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Whil Hentzen wrote:

I have X (GNOME and KDE) installed, but I'd like to boot to the command prompt
directly, without having to go to the GUI and then get out.

The RH9 manual (the best doc I can find) says to go to the Graphical GRUB boot
loader screen, type e to edit it, arrow down to the kernel line, type e to
edit it, at the prompt, type the number of the runlevel (e.g. 3), press Enter
to get back to the GRUB screen, type b to boot.

that would be **append** 3 to the end of that line, not replace the entire line. might that be what's happening here?

rday