Re: No network after upgrade to Fedora 2

Kellie Blackwell wrote/ha scritto, On/il 25/07/2004 22:18:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scot L. Harris" <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: No network after upgrade to Fedora 2

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 12:37, Kellie Blackwell wrote:

It's an ASUS A7V-E.

I tried setting the BIOS setting to manual but I got the same problem. I
noticed that in /var/log/dmesg there is a line that says:

isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: No Plug and Play device found.

Steve

hmm, I am not sure which motherboard I had that problem with.  Will have
to check at work on Monday.

When you try to configure the network card do you see it and/or get any
errors?

I tried running ./network start from /etc/init.d and I get the messages about starting the loopback interface and starting the eth0 interface but it seems that eth0 does not start since when I do a ./network stop there is only a message about stopping the loopback interface.

You may want to disable IPv6 entirely, I doubt you need it at this
point. It should not be causing you any problems but it is one less
thing to worry about.

I have tried adding NETWORKING_IPV6=no to my /etc/sysconfig/network but I get the same result.

And the plug and play issue may not be the problem with your particular
motherboard.

Start by trying to add your network interface manually to see if you can
get the system to see it at all. Report back any error messages you
get.

When I try /sbin/ifup eth0 it returns with no messages but the interface is not there. I did some looking around and the last line it executes before returning is

modprobe -c | awk "/^(alias|install)[[:space:]]+$1[[:space:]]/ {print
\\$3 }"'

which is from the is_available() function which is called just after the
comment "Now check the real state" in /sbin/ifup.

Steve

I missed part of the post: are you running on a ISA network card??

--

Antonio

Working with  Mozilla 1.7 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
    Uso Mozilla 1.7 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2