Problem Installing Lixux on second drive

Greetings:

I attempted to install Linux as dual-boot with my Windows 2000 Professional operating system. I have installed the i386 version of Linux onto one of two of my hard drives.  One hard drive is a Maxtor 80 GB (that I have Windows 2000 installed on) and the other is a Maxtor 40 GB (the one I that installed Linux on).  My motherboard is a KR7A-RAID.  The two hard drives are mounted on the IDE3 controller as a span array configured as "just a bunch of disks."  After I completed the installation of Linux on my computer, I removed the installation CD and my computer rebooted and came up with the error message <tt>GRUB hard disk error</tt>.  I don't see a way of circumventing this error and simply booting to Windows 2000.  What are my options?  And detailed instructions if possible please, as I'm pretty much a newbie to the Linux operating system.

Thanks for your time,
Adam prax