RE: Open ports on FC2

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 20:47, John Dangler wrote:
> [...]

The nmap list differs from the ShieldsUP site if it reported ports 21
and 23 with servers on. This accounts for vsftpd not running and
presumably you did not install telnet as you do not have a
/etc/xinetd.d/telnet file (so it cannot be running).

There is another thread presently discussing SSH, its worth reading.
Again, if you do not need it I suggest you turn it off:
service sshd stop
chkconfig --level 345 sshd off

I think MySQL can be configured to use internal unix sockets so unless
external users need to get at MySQL directly it can be turned off.

The others I do not know about, perhaps someone more knowledgeable on
the list would answer.

HTH
Chris