Re: Mysql4 warning: PHP update kills it

--On Saturday, July 24, 2004 9:12 AM -0500 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just a note that if you are running a self-compiled mysql4 (perhaps
made using the instructions on fedoranews) then last night's PHP
update will hose your system.  For me, the dependency resolution
deleted mysql-server and installed the old mysql3 "mysql" package.  To
fix, grab the PHP SRPM, rebuild it against your mysql4 libraries and
install it without letting the automatic updater get to it.

Did you install MySQL4 as an RPM? Or did you just compile the tarball and copy the files into place (perhaps with "make install")? The MySQL sources should be set up to build RPM's, so I recommend using rpmbuild as a mortal to do so.