Re: Email getting and sending

Scot L. Harris wrote:
On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 02:57, Juan L. Pastor wrote:

I'm currently using evolution and my ISP pop3 and smtp servers to get
and send emails. I usually get lots of spam/virus emails and I'd like to
get rid of them. I want to take advantage of this and learn to setup
sendmail. What programs can you advise to get and send emails? I have a
dynamic IP address with ADSL connection and several email accounts (3
with my ISP, another one in yahoo, another one in gmx.net).

If you want to get rid of spam you need to configure spamassassin and
use it as a filter in evolution. setting up sendmail will not do that
for you on its own.

Another option would be to use a mail client with a built-in filter; e.g. "ThunderBird" (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/)

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)