Re: resize NTFS partition questions.

Jeffrey W. Stein wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:57:19 -0500, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know of a free tool to resize an NTFS partition on a hard
drive in preparation for installing fedora to dual boot?

I have researched fips, parted, partition magic, and others and so far
the only one I can find that will allow resizing of the NTFS partition
is PM (not free).

I am installing Fedora for a customer on her laptop and have previously
not needed to handle NTFS partitions, but now I have this one to deal
with.

You might want to look at QtParted:
<http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/index.en.html>. I successfully shrank
an NTFS partition from an existing Windows XP Home installation so that
I could dual boot Fedora Core 1 for running MythTV.

QTParted is included with SystemRescueCD (http://www.sysresccd.org/) if you'd like a handy, self-contained, bootable CD from which to run QTParted.

I would just make sure that you back up anything vital, just in case.

Absolutely...

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)