Re: fedora -1394 Firewire problem

Tobi,

Edward recalls correctly that firewire support was disable because of instability. But with the latest kernel (at least 2.6.6) you can get it to work. I recently got my Apple iPod to work with FC2 connected via a Belkin PCI 3-port Firewire card. Below are links to my blog explaining what I had to do to get it to work.

Firewire card seen by FC2 -
http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040705

Apple iPod recognized -
http://jroller.com/page/jmrodri/20040707

Good luck. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at jmrodri@xxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
Jesus

Edward wrote:

Tobi Jes wrote:

Hi,
       I have installed Fedora core 2(2.6.5-1.358) in
my PC. I wanted to enable 1394 support, i have both
OHCI 1394 ( Via chipset) and PClynx 1394 card ( Tl
chipset). I downloaded the Fedora 2 core and enabled
the Firewire support. But when i am booting the PC
with 1394 Ohci card , system got stuck . Can anyone
suggest me to how can i add 1394 support to FC2 core
and briing the Firewire card
functional ?

     Lookiing forward,
Regards,
Tobi

The reason 1394 was disabled in FC2 was because of instability problems IIRC.

Seems like you just found them.

Regards,
Ed.