Re: OT: vpn questions (stops using my internet connection and starts using the gateways?)

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 6:31 PM -0400 "Scot L. Harris" <webid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it is enabled check your routing table (netstat -rn) and your
resolv.conf file to see which DNS entries you are pointing to.  I would
expect you to have a new route in your routing table pointing to your
companies intranet.  It has been awhile but I think secureremote wedged
itself in the TCP stack such that it could intercept packets and
redirect them based on its policy, encrypting them as it goes.  If the
policy permits split tunneling it would direct only packets going to the
security domain through the VPN tunnel to your intranet.  All other
packets would be passed on the TCP stack to be handled as they normally
would.

The Cisco client intercepts before routing, so it doesn't show up in the routing table.