Re: Pesky virus

If its open relay they can; you can configure your email server to have
your users authenticate before connecting to the smtp server then its
safer.  But if someone still hacks in then you can block that IP with
the Firewall and setup a mail proxy.

Then with that IP find out who owns it and contact them and explain the
situation and you might be asked to provide the headers to the spoofed
emails for verification. That should get you closer to the culprit or to
the culprit if they didn't use a proxie themselves.

Exim which I use on all my servers isn't open relay and has users
authenticate through the pop server first before letting them use the
smtp server.