Re: OT: video editing software for FC2?

I've been playing with this a little, and I have had some success and some fun. For me, I don't want to do video editing if I can't do it in Linux.

Cinelerra and Kino are two I've had more luck with. They're not super easy to install, but there's much info available to help you.

You also need decoders for AVI and divx etc, and I've only tried using a firewire device(camcorder).

It's fun!

-mickey

- - s r b - - wrote:

This is sort of off-topic... does anyone know of free video editing software that I can use in Fedora? I'd like to be edit family movies so that I can add audio tracks, cut and paste and add transition effects, ultimately to burn onto a DVD.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!