Re: Fedora Core & KDE for Red Hat Linux project

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 05:04:52PM -0500, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >> What about other ways to update my KDE to 3.2.3 version?
> >
> > There is no other way ;)
>
> so using the KDE for Red Hat Linux project, could i update my kde to
> kde-3.3-beta2 using yum?  would it automatically remove my default FC2 kde
> installation?

Yes and no. No, because I believe there is no 3.3beta2, only 3.2.3,
but I may be mistaken (some more experimental section at kde-redhat
may already have it, they are faster than the speed of light ;).

Yes, because the project is not named "kde for redhat" by accident, it
aims at optimal kde integration in redhat (and now fedora)
distributions. It is effectively "kde for redhat linux, redhat
enterprise linux and fedora" :)

Yum and apt are both supported, and thus also up2date, red carpet
etc. If you use ATrpms and its config you already are using kde-redhat
BTW.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net