Re: Printing to a Windows print server with Samba

A. Lanza wrote:
Hi,

all printers in my network are connected to machines running Windows and
i have no local printer connected to my Linux box.

I know that this can be accomplished by using Samba. I have Samba
services running on my PC and i'm able to connect to some network file
shares on Windows computers, but i cannot get to print on those servers.

I've tried to use the FC2 printer config. utility to connect to a
network printer using SMB protocol. But with no success :(

I'm fairly sure in saying that only the samba client is required for this (and cups of course - if your using cups.)
If you use kde then as long as cups is running the kde printer config tool should be able to setup a printer.

Mark Farmer RHCT Linux Server Administrator