Re: printig pdf documents

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:59 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Aaron Gaudio wrote:

> > > Maybe
> > >
> > > 	pdf2ps file.pdf | mpage -2 | lpr
> >
> > lp file.pdf works for me; I believe the default print filters know what
> > to do with pdf files.
>
> I interpreted the OP as asking for 2-up output.  I think you need the
> filter for that (unless there is a "-o" option for lp that will portably
> do 2-up).  mpage can also put nice decorations on the page, like borders,
> filename, date, etc.

I missed the 2-up thing. Although the above request ("I want to print 2
pages per paper") could also be interpreted as wanting duplex, which
would be an lp option, and wouldn't require any conversion of the pdf.

If you're not sure of the lp optios to use for duplex (and you have a
PPD driver for your printer), lpptions might help, or you can use gpdf
and it should be a selectable printer option on the print dialog (though
as far as I can tell, gpdf does not 2-up).