Re: FC2 server, WinME/XP workstations. How do I do authentication? The easier, the better.

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:10, Apollo at Carmel Music & Entertainment
wrote:
> So I have FC2 server for fileserv and MySQL. I need start having
> workstation log into the network (now they are just accessing shares and
> only MySQL has passowrd sitting in ODBC).
> Problem is that I have 2 WindowsXP Home laptops (I think they lack
> Domain log on)
YOu are right..
> , and the rest of the workstations are WindowsME or 98SE.
> What would be the easiest route to start making employees to log into
> the network?
Well, they can't, as you said, they're XP Home. The ME and 98 would work
though.

Essentially what you need to do is just add the usernames and password
into the Linux box and they can just use it without needing a domain
logon.

U using samba as fileserver??

>  Also, is there a way to have systems log out at 9PM
> automaticly?
Not sure on that.. well, if it's the samba you're using, I guess you
could restart the smbd process via crontab at 9pm??

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel