cracking winmodem issues in FC2

Dear all,

I wonder if any gurus out there can help me out.

My Toshiba Softmodem AMR used to work in linux (a rather strange distro called Topologilinux). I used a Smartlink driver slmdm-2.7.9 and it was easy.

However, compiling and installing this driver or any of its newer versions has proved extremely frustrating so far under FC2. I amended the path to the kernel in Makefile and have tried using rpm but nothing works and I get screenfuls of error and warning messages when I type in "make".

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. It might be a very basic error, as I'm a bit of a muppet. Perhaps I've got to path to the kernel includes wrong ...  I've put in /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/include.

I look forward to hearing from you!