Best way to share printers, passwords, etc. on a network of Linux boxes.

I have a small home network with 6 Linux boxes (5 Fedora and 1 server still running RH9) and just one Windows XP box. Everything is behind a firewall and only the RH9 server has some of it's ports accessible from the Internet.

Even though it's not a lot of systems I'm constantly running into issues of having to manually update configurations on all the systems including logins, passwords and printers.

What are people using to share all this that quick and easy and relatively secure?

I've considered using NIS or NIS+ but also LDAP. I have not been able to find a tutorial on how to set up any of those that make any sense.

Any advice?

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org