Re: sendmail issue.

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:01, Rick Stevens wrote:

> <soap>
> I don't intend to sound mean, but if you don't know how to set up mail,
> PLEASE don't try.  Probably 70% of the crap email on the internet is
> due to newbies tinkering with this or idiot ISPs that don't block port
> 25 properly.
> </soap>
----
I'm not convinced that this is entirely true any longer. I was under the
impression that much of today's UBE was being sent by Windows machines
that have been compromised and are relaying mail at the control of
others and less from improperly configured mail servers (hence your
point about idiot ISP's that don't block port 25 properly I suppose). I
don't have any statistics on this though.

Craig