RE: sendmail issue.

Jonathan T. Steadman wrote:
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

If DAEMON_OPTIONS is not used, then the default is

        DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')
        DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E')

The above was cut/pasted from /usr/share/sendmail-cf/README.

> I dont think this is problem
>
> thats how its supposed to be right?  cause it was like this already,
> something else is wrong, I can recieve pop, but can't sendmail here is
> error from log
>
> Jul 21 13:47:43 hostname(not really named this) sendmail[6602]:
> i6LHlh4G006602: ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<myemail@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> relay=[], reject=550 5.7.1 <myemail@xxxxxxxxxxx>... Relaying denied

Where was the above submitted from? Locally or from a remote client? If from
a remote client, have you configured sendmail to allow hosts on your private
network to relay e-mail through this system? See /etc/mail/access

Another problem is the relay=[]. Did you delete the content of this field?
Sendmail should have figured out what MX to use before the call to the check
recipient ruleset.

Steve Cowles