Re: Steps after installation.

Piotr Gajewski wrote:
Hello,
I installed Fedora for the very first time on my laptop. I never used
RedHat. And my question about packages management:
other distros (like debian, gentoo, freebsd) get packages list from
server and via some application i can view/install some of them.
Can i (and where?) configure some fedora tool to view packages on some
servers and easily install them?
If so - please give some addresses which i could use.

Thanks,
greetings,

gajos

P.S.
Sorry for my english.

If you want a more GUI approach, install 'apt' using yum: > yum install apt

apt does pretty much the same as yum, it uses different repositories though.
To get a graphical interface for apt, install synaptic:

> yum install synaptic

OR (since you already used yum in the first part, you might give apt a try)

> apt-get install synaptic

(you have to run 'apt-get update' before this, to update your local package lists)

Then start 'synaptic'.

Good luck.

--
mvg,