Re: Laptop fan never turns off, please help.

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 23:38, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just bought a Gateway m350 notebook and installed fc2 in it. Now I noticed
> that my fan doesn't turn off. Is there something I can do about it? I found
> many references about that with toshiba notebooks in archives, but nothing
> about other laptops fans.
>
> Could you point me where can I get my fan to turn off correctly?? I mean, turn
> off and turn on depending on temperature automatically?
>
> ACPI is working as I can get laptop battery status and I have /proc/acpi
> available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
> Yahoo! Mail agora com 100MB, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
> http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/
As I understand as long as the AC power supply is plugged in (and
charging the battery) the fan will not turn off. This keeps the battery
cooler during charge and extends the battery life.

Also shouldn't you be running APM not ACPI?
--
jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx>