Re: ftp and passive mode

Craig White wrote:

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 20:35, Doug Maurer wrote:

I've asked this question before, but nothing has helped

I'm trying to ftp out, I can log into a remote system (another FC2
system, mine, configured with vsftpd and NAT running.)

on the local side I get 227 Entering Passive Mode (x,x,x,x,80,76)
ftp: connect: No route to host

I can log into another system like ftp.linux.ncsu.edu just fine.

only thing is, its only this box, on the remote box I can ftp out to
another fc2/fc1, etc.. with no problem.

the local box was just reloaded from scratch. with basic iptables
running.. with no local nat. and still get the error.

does anyone have any idea, what might be causing this?

I've had this problem too. I struggled for quite a while with it. Finally I was told that it must be that my DSL router configuration is broken (FWIW: I have an external Dynalink job). Damned if I wanted to believe that, but I could do nothing else. Please tell me if you uncover the real answer.

Matthew.