Re: smartctl -l error /dev/... When to worry ?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Mo, den 19.07.2004 schrieb Hannes Mayer um 20:13:

I just discovered smartctl and the interesting output with
# smartctl -l error /dev/hda

hda reports no errors (newest disk), but hdb and hdf do report some
errors every few hours (see outputs below)

When do I actually have to start to worry about errors ?

Run "smartctl -t long /dev/hdX" for all your drives. After finishing the
self test of one drive run "smartctl -a /dev/hdX" to see if there are
serious errors reported.

Hi Alexander!

I just completed 2 of my 3 HDD's and both completed with no new error
messages showing up in smartctl -a /dev/hdX
So I assume there is no serious problem with any of my 2 checked disks,
just seldom hickups...

Thanks a lot! :-)

Cheers,
Hannes.