RE: tc filter problem

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> The kernel is pretty recent, as it is 2.6.7-1.492 from fc development.
> I don't know that the iproute2 patches in it are recent though.
> It looks like I should try to grab source rpms and try playing with
> them.
>
> If this was working for you it sounds like a bug, but I am not sure
> enough to open a bugzilla ticket yet.

I should have mentioned this earlier. Sorry! I use FC2 as my DMZ server, but
I also run a 2 floppy, linux based Leaf/Bering distro for my firewall. It's
the firewall system that I run traffic shaping.

firewall# uname -a
Linux firewall 2.4.24 #18 Sat Apr 24 10:07:53 CEST 2004 i586 unknown

With the above in mind, I tried the tc command you posted on my FC2 system
without a problem. I did have to define the root class first though. I have
left all that stuff out of my reply. For reference:

[root@excelsior log]# uname -a
Linux excelsior 2.6.6-1.435.2.1 #1 Wed Jun 30 15:29:29 EDT 2004 i586 i586
i386 GNU/Linux

[snip...]
[root@excelsior log]# tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10
u32 match ip tos 0x10 0xff  flowid 1:10
[root@excelsior log]# tc qdisc del dev eth0 root    2> /dev/null > /dev/null

Based on the above, it looks like the redhat kernel and tc rpm's support the
above tc options. Plus, I did not have to load any modules. They were loaded
automatically.

FWIW: I cut/pasted the tc commands from my wondershaper script on my
firewall to my FC2 system to test the above. The only thing I changed was
the dev specification and uplink speeds. i.e. eth0

Steve Cowles