Re: serving pop3

--On Sunday, July 18, 2004 11:37 AM -0700 Charles Heselton <charles.heselton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyhow, can Dovecot be used as a mail filter/proxy?  Basically what I
would be interested in doing is have dovecot download my email from my
ISP accounts.  Then I would set my client to point to my internal
server.  Is this possible?  Worthwhile?

As others have suggested, fetchmail downloads mail from other servers and redelivers it using the local MTA (eg. postfix or sendmail). Dovecot serves mail already on the server to POP3/IMAP clients.