Re: OT: Creating Self-Extracting ZIP files under FC2

Is this possible? And if so how? I've looked at the man page
for zip and see the -A option. I've played around with a test
zip file and can't figure out how to get this to go.

Short of an msdos emulator.. I'm going to say no, but I might be wrong.

here's something interesting from 'man unzipsfx'

      Note  that self-extracting archives made with unzipsfx are
       no more (or less) portable across different operating sys-
       tems  than  is  the unzip executable itself.  In general a
       self-extracting archive made on a particular Unix  system,
       for  example, will only self-extract under the same flavor
       of Unix.  Regular unzip may still be used to  extract  the
       embedded  archive  as with any normal zipfile, although it
       will generate a harmless warning about extra bytes at  the
       beginning  of  the  zipfile.   Despite  this, however, the
       self-extracting archive is technically  not  a  valid  ZIP
       archive,  and PKUNZIP may be unable to test or extract it.
       This limitation is due to the simplistic manner  in  which
       the  archive  is created; the internal directory structure
       is not updated to reflect the extra bytes prepended to the
       original zipfile.