Re: dual-booting without GRUB or LILO

Brian Gaynor wrote:

I've had not run into the 1024-cylinder limit problem on any system less
than about 6 years old (Pentium I class), I have several systems were
the linux /boot partition is 30GB or more from the front of the drive.
Your mileage my vary, I would recommend you check the vendors website if
you have a very old system.

Is this with GRUB in the boot partition or the MBR? I assume you mean boot partition, but just want to make sure...

Thanks!

- - s r b - - mozilla|mozilla firefox|thunderbird