RE: Cannot install FC2 or FC3-test1 on 29160 SCSI adapter (no htmlthis time)

> > FC2 is not detecting my hard drive on a 29160 SCSI adapter during
> > install.  Can anyone help?
> >
> > I'm trying to install FC2 on a machine with only 1 hard
> drive that is
> > attached to an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller.  The AIC-7xxx
> driver is
> > automatically loading and is finding my adapter (I can see this by
> > hitting <F4> while module is loading.  However, my disk drive is not
> > found.  When I get to automatically partitioning, I get "no drives
> > found".  I had no problems installing and running Redhat
> 9.0 previously
> > on this machine.  I also tried FC3-test1 but it didn't help.
> >
> It seems to me what would be helpfull is after you get the message
> that it found the scsi controller there is a message involving crtl-A
> I think that allows you to see the SCSI device assignments. What does
> that show?

What exactly are you interested in seeing?  I can boot from the
Redhat 9.0 CD and it finds my drive just fine.  It seems to me that
something must have changed in either the driver or the kernel.

There is much information available under ctrl-A but here is some of it.
The Adaptec SCSI BIOS version is 3.10.0
Before I hit ctrl-A the SCSI BIOS lists the devices that it finds:
  Slot Ch ID LUN Vendor Product         Size Sync Bus
   01   A  0  0  IBM    DDYS-T18350N    17GB  160  16

When I first hit ctrl-A, I get a line that says:
  29160   A at slot 01 00:0D:00

When I hit enter, I get a choice between configuration and scsi disk
utils.  When I select configuration, I see the following:
  controller ID is 7
  controller parity is enabled
  IRQ is 5
  I/O port is 1400h

When I go into the SCSI drive configuration option, I get the following
for each of 16 devices (all are configured identically):
  Transfer Rate               160MB/s
  Initiate Wide Negiotiation  Yes
  Enable Disconnection        Yes
  Send Start Unit Command     Yes