Red-Carpet, Yum, and up2date

Well, since I started with Linux in RH8, I have been using up2date to get the official updates, but I didn't know about programs like yum, apt, and red-carpet untill I really took the linux plunge with FC2.

For the last two weeks or so that I have been running FC2, I have been using yum to update and install stuff, but for some reason yum would not see the same updates that up2date sees. Now I switched to red-carpet and get the same thing. In up2date, it says it is using a yum channel, so I copied the url and tried to add it into red-carpet, but it can't connect.

I like red carpet better, since up2date freezes up on me almost every other time I use it. How do I get red carpet to use the up2date channel?