Re: grub with fc2

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 02:39:55PM -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 10:17, Doug Maurer wrote:
> > I've noticed since FC2 and now fc3 test1, that when I run up2date and it
> > has a new kernel that after rebooting the machine it still defaults to
> > the original installed kernel. Its doing it on two machines I have FC2
> > and FC3test1 on. Anyone else experience this, know of a fix?
> >

> Others told you to manually edit grub.conf.
>
> If you use yum instead of up2date it will automatically make the new
> kernel the default.
>
> Your choice of which you prefer.

I got the same answer when I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago.
But if yum does the right thing, and up2date did the right thing in FC1,
might the up2date behaviour in FC2 qualify as a bug?

I think it is very confusing this way, and potentially dangerous; people
may believe they are running the latest kernels when they are not.

David