Re: Laptop hangs during boot / PCMCIA trouble

James Marcinek wrote:
I have the same type of problem when I put my ORiNOCO card in. My
Pavillion ze4325us freezes forcing me to hard boot... I went to
linux-laptop.net but I'm still no closer... This is my second card...

I have a machine HP ze4315us that would not boot until I disabled USB legacy support in bios and booted with acpi=on in the grub.conf file.

If the problem only happens with the ORiNOCO installed, I have no idea.

The apparent lockup at pcmcia is misleading. This is the symptom that I had with the usb-legacy enabled and without acpi=on inserted into grub.conf.

Good luck!

Jim