Re: poor sound via esd, good sound via alsa

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 13:58, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Is it important for you to use esd rather than ALSA or is your problem
more academical?

well I use gnome, so most things use esd in gnome, and rythembox wont work with direct alsa, so it has to use esd.  and basically sound sucks in FC2 via esd.  Prior to thsi I used redhat 8 on same hardware, sound was good.  So I can only assume it's a problem with the alsa-oss emulation.

Any way of getting rhythembox to use alsa only?

--
Rob Brown-Bayliss

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.