installing FC2

Hello, I'm new to linux (like you need my grief lol) but I've installed FC2 twice now, trying to resolve the video driver problem i am having, the initial install runs fine, soon as i update the nvidia drivers using the gui updater it only loads to shell, i'm still trying to fix that problem, but I want to install linux to run along side of my xp home because i'm not having much luck with linux and my video driver.

When I start to install FC2 it gives me an error about checksum or something that may cause (Fixable problems) with some other loaders, do i wish to ignore or to cancel.
If I ignore it, it will partition it fine etc. works great if i use my whole drive, but when I get the video problem with the nvidia driver and only get a shell, i'm pretty well done for. and when i try to install windows again, I have to hook up my floopy drive, fdisk it, and then format it and then do fdisk /mbr in order for the boot record to recognize there's an os on it. otherwise, if i just fdisk, format install windows xp it finishes installing it and when it goes to boot from hd it says no bootable disk detected.

I know i'm new, and it's probably a 30 second thing for some or most of you but can someone please tell me how the hell to do this?

my 40gig is in 3 parts, 10g 19g 10g C,D,E
Thanks for the help