Re: Red Carpet available for FC2 -- please try it out

D. D. Brierton wrote:

James Wilcox, one of the Red Carpet hackers, just emailed me to let me
know that Ximian/Novell hope to officially ship Red Carpet for FC2 with
the next release, but in the meantime unofficial packages are available
here:

[Snip!]

Of course, the next release will be FC3, so hopefully it'll be Red Carpet for FC3 that ships...
I've been using synaptic / apt-get for some time and I'm quite happy with the combination. How does Red Carpet compare with regard to, for example, resolving dependencies, managing kernel updates, manually selecting packages to install or update through the GUI?
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn