Laptop hangs during boot / PCMCIA trouble

Hello everyone,

first of all I'd like to apologize in case I'm using the wrong list for my questions. I've just installed Fedora and I'm dying to try it out... problem is it hangs during boot (the installation worked flawlessly) and there seems to be nothing I can do about it.

The step it's having trouble with is PCMCIA Services. Before installing Fedore I gave the Slax LiveCD a try and had the same problem. Everything worked fine once I booted Slax without PCMCIA, but with Fedora I'm not entirely sure how to boot with parameters(?).

I assume my eMachines laptop (umm, it was cheap.. what can I say) has obscure hardware or there's something else I'm doing wrong. Any help is much appreciated.

My system:

eMachines M6805
AMD Mobile Athlon 64 3000+
on Fedora Core 2 x86_64