Re: pxelinux dhcpd

Chadley Wilson wrote:

Greetings

I seem to be off track with the pxeboot configuration.

I thing the problem lies in my dhcpd.conf as the network cards are not
getting an ip address. I have to use dynamic dhcp because this setup is
for Linux install server. I have tested my nfs installations and they
are working perfectly. I have configured bonding with 4 intel lan cards
and thats working fine.
If I boot from cd the dhcp works and a random ip is assigned to the
workstation. My tftp-server appears to be running, and my PXE-server is also running
or so I believe. service pxe start returns OK the tftp is started by xinetd and there are no errors in mylogs.
I have tried this with several different netcards, intel pro and
realteks and of course the onboard ones.

I have thus come to the conclusion that I must have something wrong in
my dhcpd.conf file. I had read all the man pages but can't get it
working. Could someone assist me please?

If you posted your dhcp.conf, we could help a littler better. I also don't understand, what you're going to do at all !?