Re: Installing FC2 using a boot floppy

Joachim Backes wrote:

Hi,

in FC1 as in previous RedHat versions, it was possible to install the system
by a self made boot diskette using an image located somewhere in the
isos.

Because my PC BIOS is not able to boot from CD (but to run the installation itself),
I need a possibility to make a boot diskette. Dies somebody have experienced
similar problems?

Regards

Joachim Backes

Asked and answered numerous times. Please check the archives in future.

Short answer is no, you cannot install the OS from floppy. The long answer is that you can create a floppy that allows you to pick a boot device from a menu. Some people have reported success doing that. I forget the name of the program.

Regards,
Ed.