Re: gedit crashes

Did you create the doc in gedit?  I know a college instructor that is
very anti Microsoft so he strips all of the MS code from Word docs that
come in to his lab, but I forgot what he uses.  "There is NO Microsoft
code in MY lab" he said, so I would guess Bill doesn't get a Christmas
card from him :-)

Tim...

There is catdoc which is not too bad :

http://www.gnu.org/directory/All_Packages_in_Directory/catdoc.html