Re: fc2 yum install mplayer with livna has dependency problem

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:50:08 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Alexander, do realize that many newbies don't see the difference between the various "fedora" sites and don't know about fedora.us' special role either. In particular, since fedora.us is a mirror of Fedora Core (in its RPMS.osusers repository), too, and does not just provide extra packages.

Another point to make is that most rpms installed without need the fedora extras repositories. The conflicts just sarted for me with xine-lib.

Earlier when I configured livna to work, fedora core was the only needed repository mentioned. As things are moving from Fedora Core to fedora extras, adding these to your yum or up2date config files is needed.

A great thanks to those working on Fedora Extra development. Among programs that are currently in the mix, they are my favorites. It is great to see fortune-mod being available, apt and the multimedia programs.

Hopefully the understanding for the repository mix requirments will be better understood by both newbies and those that have been using linux for years.

Also, I'm impressed that development, all of the fedora extra repos and livna repos all seem to not clash with each others developmental efforts.

Thanks!

Jim

--
standards, n.:
	The principles we use to reject other people's code.